A neonatal incubator is a rigid box-like enclosure in which an infant can be kept in a controlled environment for observation and care. The device may include a heater, a fan, a container for water to add humidity, a control valve through which oxygen may be added and access ports for nursing care.
At The Egyptian Hospital we have 3 incubator units with central gas system and monitors, one neonatal ventilator and the phototherapy light.
Why babies need special care?
Babies can be admitted to neonatal services for a number of reasons:
- they are born early – babies born before 34 weeks may need extra help with breathing, feeding and keeping warm;
- they are very small and have a low birth-weight;
- they have an infection;
- their mother has diabetes;
- the delivery was very difficult or they have jaundice;
- they are waiting for, or recovering from, complex surgery;
We provide 24-Hour Medical Assistance for Your Growing Family
Contact form description text